Landstar Corporate - Trucking Companies
- Looking for qualified Owner Operators.
- Minimum Age Requirement is 23 yrs.
- Required OTR Experience is 1 yr(s).
- Drivers need CDL classe(s): A.
- CDL Endorsement(s) Needed: Hazmat
- Allowed 2 tickets in the last 3 years.
- Allowed 1 accidents in the last 3 years.
- Will consider drivers with a DUI over 5 years.
- Household Goods
Landstar Corporate Hiring Area
Insurance and Benefits
- Paid Weekly
- Paid Vacation
- Direct Deposit
Maximizing your earning potential
As a Landstar Owner / Operator, you'll have choices you've never had before.
- Percentage pay: As freight rates go up, so do your settlements.
- Profitable freight headed in the right direction.
- The flexibility to make your schedule and set your own pace.
- The leading company for independent contractors for more than 20 Years.
Reduce your operating costs.
- Discounts on fuel.
- Pay less for tires.
- Cash rebates on new and used trucks.
- Factory-direct pricing on trailers
- Discounts on parts and service from OEM truck dealers.
Thousands of available loads.
Why search? Instead, let freight find you. Landstar Load Alerts automatically notifies you when your choice load is available. It works 24/7 as your personal dispatch to find loads based on the criteria you select. <
- You pick the freight criteria: rate, point of origin or final destination.
- Load Alerts contacts you by email and phone when it finds your load.
You'll find strength in numbers on the Landstar Load Board, with thousands of loads and thousands of destinations to choose from. * See for yourself how the Landstar Load Board works via WebEx during a live demonstration. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-312-4092.
Support you can count on.
Landstar offers unprecedented support to its owner/operators. With no trucks of our own, we can devote our resources to providing you with the support you need to succeed.
- Field representatives provide the assistance to keep your business moving forward.
- Business classes help you improve your bottom line.
- Available online training and tutorials.
- Technology, like Load Alerts, provides additional loading opportunities.
- A safety-first culture. Landstar's safety program is bases on a commitment to continue and improve successful programs and practices.
- Landstar Appreciation Days - get to know Landstar executives face-to-face and join fellow Landstar BCO's for food, entertainment, prize giveaways, workshops and more.
- Landstar BCO All-Star Weekend - A festive weekend of events honoring Landstar Roadstars and Landstar Million Mile Safe Drivers.
- Landstar Safety Cruise
- Landstar Safety Meetings held during select truck shows
- Landstar Truck Giveaways
- Enduring Friendships with employees, agents and customers
- Safe Driving recognition and awards programs
- Landstar's highest honor for BCOs: Roadstar
- High-profile loads and the opportunity to be featured in Landstar's The Road to Success magazine.
The freedom to run your business your way.
It's well known in the industry that when you lease on with Landstar, you're joining one of the best companies for independent owner/operators. If the thought of becoming a Landstar Business Capacity Owner (BCO) appeals to you, your next question might be: "I've never run on my own before, how can I make the Landstar system work for me?"
At Landstar, it's always your truck and your choice on the loads you haul. The decisions on where and when to run are up to you. But the road to
success, as these veteran Landstar BCOs can attest, comes from making good decisions and taking advantage of all the resources that Landstar has to
Use Load Alerts
Load Alerts helps Landstar BCO Tom Arnold maximize the use of his liftgate trailer. "Load Alerts takes the worry out of looking for specific types of loads," says Arnold. "If a load requires a liftgate, I get an alert. I can even search for loads posted by agents in advance."
Take advantage of LCAPP discounts
BCO James Spangler just loves the Landstar fuel savings program. "Over the course of taking on between 250 and 275 gallons of fuel, I save between $100 and $130 depending on price," says Spangler. "It puts money into my pocket instead of someone else's."
Rely on Landstar's support network
When BCO Terry Ellis left the corporate world to pursue a second career as an independent owner/operator, he banked on the Landstar support team for help. "Landstar's BCO Advisors bent over backwards to help me get started. Their advice made my career transition easier and they were always available to answer my questions."
Expand your service offering
To meet the specific freight needs of customers, BCOs Stuart and Nancy Thomas own and operate a double drop, 3-axle, side curtain specialty trailer. "Once we determined that there was a viable market for this type of trailer, we decided to make a go of it," said Thomas. "That's just part of the beauty of leasing to Landstar.